Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Developer Snapshot Games released the launch trailer for XCOM inspired title Phoenix Point which launched on PC this week.
- This latest trailer shows off some of the action, including alien threats and the artillery you can use against them.
- Phoenix Point follows the year 2022 where the Pandoravirus is discovered in the arctic permafrost by scientists, by 2047 it unleashes a hell like no other.
- It’s up to you to fight back, strategise to push back alien forces in this turn-based tactical title. You can learn more about this game in our Phoenix Point: An XCOM Evolution preview.
- Phoenix Point released on December 3, 2019 on PC via Epic Game Store, and will release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in 2020.
To read more about this news find it here in Phoenix Point Launch Trailer.
- Developer Radical Fish Games of the futuristic RPG CrossCode releases a new trailer and news featuring updates including the next DLC and console versions.
- CrossCode the action-RPG which delved into a world of a virtual reality MMORPG called CrossWorlds, is getting a new DLC and console ports. Radical Fish Games shared support for the game will include several free updates. The studio shared upcoming Post Game DLC details plus news about the console versions in their latest post on their official website.
- They plan to release the DLC in time for Q2 2020. A technical update will be released in the next 1-2 weeks.
- They also shared news about the console ports which Deck13 Spotlight are working on. While they anticipated the release to be earlier in 2019 this hasn’t been possible as there are still issues been worked on. Currently the Xbox One version has been the main focus, with testing now happening, next focus being for the Switch. Expect more details about consoles versions soon.
To read more about this news find it here in Crosscode Developers Share News On DLC And Console Versions.
- A new anniversary website has been revealed by Square Enix for Yoko Taro’s Nier franchise.
- Square Enix is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of NieR in 2020 which first launched in April 2010 on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- The latest entry was NieR Automata which launched in February 2017 and was well received having sold four million copies as May 2019 according to pcgamesn. It received the Platinum Prize at the Playstation Awards 2019 and the Playstation 25th Anniversary Users Choice Award this week.
- They have now launched a teaser 10 year anniversary website which doesn’t share any news but could be hinting a new NieR game will be announced.
To read more about this news find it here in NieR Opens 10th Anniversary Teaser Website Plus Wins Platinum Prize At Playstation Awards.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Celebrating the Playstation Awards in Japan which took place this week, FromSoftware are thanking their fans with a free Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Holiday Dynamic Theme, available to all Playstation 4 players.
- This new theme shows some key Sekiro characters including the One-Armed Wolf himself accompanied by a rolling fog and soundtrack.
- Sekiro Shadows Die Twice received the Gold Prize this year along with titles Monster Hunter World Iceborne, Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and others.
- The theme is available for free on the Playstation Store for download. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
To read more about this news find it here in FromSoftware Celebrates Playstation Awards With Free Sekiro PS Theme.
Persona 5 Royal
- This week a leak was shared of a supposed release date for Persona 5 Royal, with Playstation Stores in Indonesia and Taiwan both sharing a February release date for the English/Chinese version.
- However, Atlus have now announced that the western version will be releasing on March 31st 2020 and have shared a release date reveal trailer.
- This adds to the already busy month of March 2020 which includes Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Nioh 2 and Fairy Tale.
- Some editions of Persona 5 Royal have now popped up on various websites including Amazon which details the Steelbook Launch Edition which includes a steelbook case and game, priced at $59.99. There is also the Phantom Thieves Edition which includes Joker Mask with stand, steelbook, art book, soundtrack and collector’s box priced at $89.99.
- Persona 5 Royal is to release on March 31st 2020 on Playstation 4.
To read more about this news find it here in Persona 5 Royal Launches In The West In March 2020.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne
- Capcom have released patch 12.01 for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne which includes Stygian Zinogre, new weapon trees, armor, skills and more which released this week.
- The update brings a new cutscene that shows the Tundra Region which accompanies the Stygian Zinogre.
- There is also the addition of the tempered version of the Ruiner Nergigante.
- There’s also new action updates, some applying to Iceborne and others applying to all versions of the game.
- System updates for Iceborne include a new decor for your room in Seliana, new background music while in your room, new layered armor and new pendants.
- There also a bunch of bug fixes and updates that come with this patch. You can find all the details on our Monster Hunter World Iceborne wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update 12.01.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
- Versus Evil and Obsidian Entertainment have announced Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition will be launching on Playstation 4 and Xbox One in January 2020.
- Pillars of the Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition will be releasing on consoles Playstation 4 and Xbox One on January 28th 2020. The Switch version will also be coming but a release date has not been shared.
- The Ultimate Edition will contain the based game with turn-based mode or classic real-time with pause as well as all the DLC content “Beast of Winter“, “The Forgotten Sanctum“, and “Seeker, Slayer, Survivor“.
- Pillars of the Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition will be released on Xbox One and PS4 on January 28th.
For more on this news find it here in Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition Launches January 28th 2020.
- CD Projekt has announced they will be discontinuing support for the free-to-play Witcher themed card game Gwent on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- The Witcher card game Gwent will stop support for consoles on December 9th 2019. The official statement from CD Projekt on the Gwent website shared that after the release of the iOS version and later Android, they have come to the conclusion they cannot continue to “support a growing number of different versions of Gwent while improving feature parity between them”.
- It was a “tough” decision for the developer to make, and as of December 9th, Xbox One and PS4 will no longer receive future updates or further expansions, plus real-money purchases will also be discontinued. Also matchmaking on console version with other platforms will not continue after new week.
- Those who wish to transfer their progress to PC and mobile versions will have the option to if they wish to do so. This will require a Gwent account that doesn’t have a GOG account already linked. The option to transfer will be made available on December 9th 2019 until June 9th 2020.
For more on this news find it here in CD Projekt Will Discontinue Support For Witcher Card Game Gwent On Consoles.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- Owlcat developer announces new isometric CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is a new title adapted from the legendary tabletop RPG by Paizo, Pathfinder. Wrath of the Righteous won’t be a sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker but will continue to expand upon the core elements of the first title, bringing another epic CRPG adventure.
- The next title will include a new mythic progression system set to explore a new Age of Lost Omens, add more classes and further character customisations all stemming from Pathfinder’s rich history.
- While Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is based on the tabletop game Wrath of the Righteous Path, it will also include brand new characters, storylines and additional elements which will cater to both new and seasoned players.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has yet to have a release window announced.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Announced By Owlcat Games.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: